If you’re looking for a warm dip that’s perfect for game day, a special occasion or just a snack at anytime, look no further, my savory baked ricotta cheese dip is the one for you!
It’s warm and creamy, filled with cheese and herbs, a touch of garlic and a bit of cherry tomatoes for extra added flavor. It’s a recipe I guarantee you’ll want to double or triple.
Decorate the top like an Italian hummus with more herbs, olive oil, red pepper flakes to enhance every scoop. You can serve it with toasted baguette slices, fresh veggies or your favorite crackers, it’s all good.
A nice shallow baking dish works well for this because it gives you a nice surface to spread the cheese onto and to put on your toppings.
Whip up this savory baked ricotta cheese dip for a special treat!
Savory Baked Ricotta Cheese Dip
Game day, special occasion or just a delicious snack, this dip is the one for you, you’ll definitely want. to double or triple the recipe!
- 1½ cups. of ricotta, if too liquidy drain in a strainer over a bowl for a couple of hours or overnight in the fridge
- 1 egg
- ½ cup of grated romano or parmesan cheese
- 5 or 6 sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon each chopped basil and parsley
- zest of half a lemon
- 1 grated galic clove
- salt and pepper to taste
- OPTIONAL, you can add some sliced olives if you like, extra chopped herbs for the top, red pepper flakes, more parmesan or romano and olive oil of course
- Pre-heat oven to 375F. then. oil a shallow baking dish.
- In a bowl hand whip til smooth and incorporated the ricotta, egg, grated cheese, basil, parsley, garlic, zest then fold in the sliced cherry tomatoes.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until set.
- I like to finish it under the broiler for a minute or two to get it nice and golden.
- Decorate the top with more herbs, red pepper flakes, (optional) a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkling of grated cheese.
- Serve warm with crostini toasts, crackers or fresh veggies.
- I highly recommend doubling or tripling this recipe!