This dish is a light, healthy. and super flavorful meal.
It’s also quick to put together, for those evenings where time is an issue, but you want to have a healthy dinner.
Feel free to vary the vegetables to fit what you have on hand.
Mushroom and Asparagus Pasta
- 16 oz whole wheat bowtie pasta
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms sliced
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 bunch asparagus cut in 2″ pieces
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 handful fresh basil chopped (about 1 Tbsp.)
Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
While that boils, heat the olive oil in a large skillet and cook the onion and garlic until the onion is soft.
Add the mushrooms and cook for about 3 minutes.
Add the bell pepper, asparagus and tomatoes to the skillet and cook until the asparagus is tender crisp.
Drain the pasta and combine with the vegetables. Season with salt and pepper and top with fresh basil.