Let’s Get Cooking has prepared for you this irresistibly delicious and mouth-watering recipe of street-style fruit channa chaat, which consists of chickpeas, sweet potato, and some of the most liked fresh variety of fruits. The main ingredient of this recipe is the special secret fruit chaat chutney which gives this recipe a complete commercial style and texture. This recipe is specially made to suit commercial purposes like cafes and restaurants. So introduce this distinct taste of unique and healthy fruit chaat with nutrients of sweet potato, prepared in a quick and easy method. Try at home and enjoy with your family and friends.
STREET FOOD STYLE FRUIT CHANNA CHAAT RECIPE
Ingredients for Fruit Chaat Chutney:
- Water: 1 cup (200 ml)
- Sugar: ¼ cup (4 tbsp)
- Lemon juice: 2 tbsp
- Salt: ½ tsp
- Corn Flour: 1 tbsp + ¼ cup of water
- Tamarind paste (Imlee): 5 tbsp
- Green (hari) chutney: 5 tbsp
- Plum (aloo bukhara) chutney: 5 tbsp
Ingredients to make Fruit Channa Chaat:
- Prepared Chutney
- Apple (chopped): 1 cup
- Pear (chopped): ¾ cup
- Guava (chopped): 1 cup
- Peach (chopped): ¾ cup
- Banana (sliced): 1 cup
- Sweet Potato (boiled & diced): ¾ cup
- Chickpeas (channa) boiled: ¾ cup
- Chaat Masala: 1 tbsp
- Yogurt (whisked): ¼ cup
- Some Chaat Masala & Yoghurt for garnish
- Add water and sugar in a deep pan.
- Bring to a boil and add lemon juice, salt, and stir.
- Add the tamarind puree, green chutney, and plum chutney. Stir and turn to low flame.
- Mix corn flour and water in a small bowl.
- Add in the chutney and stir continuously until thickens.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes until desired consistency.
- Turn off the flame and let it cool completely.
- Boil two pieces of sweet potato and half cup of soaked chickpeas separately.
- Strain and cut the sweet potato into small cubes and set aside.
- Place all the prepared fruit in a large clean bowl.
- Add sweet potato, chickpeas, and chaat masala.
- Add the prepared chutney and mix thoroughly.
- Whisk some yogurt and add into chaat.
- Serve and garnish with some yogurt and chaat masala.
Tip#1: Do not overcook sweet potato or it could become too soft