– 500gm Pork Ribs/Spare Ribs/Prime Ribs
– Oil for deep frying
– Sesame Seeds/Spring Onion for garnish
– 1tbsp Light Soy Sauce
– 1tbsp Oyster Sauce
– 1tbsp Sesame Oil
– 2tbsp Corn flour
– 3tbsp Rice Flour
– 1tbsp All Purpose Flour/Plain Flour
– 1/4tsp Baking Soda
– 1 Egg – lightly beaten
2 tsp Instant Coffee Powder
2 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp water
(Mix well and leave aside)
- Wash the pork ribs, drain and place in a large bowl.
- Marinate the pork rib with all the marinade ingredients thoroughly. Leave it in the fridge for 4 hrs or best overnight.
- Heat up a wok, add in sufficient oil, reduce the fire to medium high. Once the oil is heated up, slowly add in the pork ribs one by one. Deep fry the ribs till golden brown and cooked, drain out the oil.
- In the same wok, heat up the coffee sauce ingredients till it becomes thickened. Add in the cooked pork ribs and toss evenly until well coated with the sauce. Adjust the taste with seasoning to suits you.
- Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with sesame seeds spring onion.
- Serve immediately.